Dr. Steven R. Best, President and CEO
Dr. Best is President and Chairman of MEGAWAVE Corporation. He received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton, NB, Canada in 1988.
Dr. Best has over 30 years of experience in antenna research, design, development and manufacture as well as in business management and development. He has worked in both the military/government and the commercial wireless communication industries.
Prior to joining MegaWave Corporation in 2017, he was employed with The MITRE Corporation in Bedford, MA as a Senior Principal Sensor Systems Engineer where he supported a number of government radar and communication system programs. His previous experience and positions have included:
- Electronics Engineer (GS-15) with the Air Force Research Lab, Sensors Directorate, Antenna Technology Branch at Hanscom AFB, MA
- President of Cushcraft Corporation in Manchester, NH
- Co-founder and Vice President and General Manager of Parisi Antenna Systems in Waltham, MA
- Vice President and General Manager of D&M/Chu Technology (formerly Chu Associates, Inc.) in Littleton, MA
- Senior Design Engineer at Chu Associates, Inc. in El Cajon, CA
- Adjunct Professor at UMass Lowell (Antenna Theory and Design)
- Adjunct Professor at Tufts University (Radar Engineering)
- Adjunct Professor at Northeastern University (Electromagnetics)
Dr. Best is an internationally recognized expert in the field of antenna design, having published over 150 journal, conference and industry papers and articles. He is the co-inventor on several patents. He has authored four antenna book chapters and a three-part audio/visual CD-ROM antenna short course. He also frequently presents short courses at numerous companies and venues on the following topics:
- Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communications
- 5G mm-Wave Antennas and Propagation
- Antenna Theory, Design and Practice
- Phased Array Radar
Dr. Best’s experience and expertise includes electrically small antennas; wideband antennas; multiband antennas; conformal antennas; low-profile antennas; platform integrated antennas; phased array development and cost reduction, RF circuit and antenna design for wireless implanted medical devices; and RF propagation analysis and communication system analysis. Dr. Best has worked on RF and antenna systems from VLF through mm-wave frequencies.
Dr. Best is a Fellow of the IEEE (2006); Past-President (2012) of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S); a Former AP-S Editor-in-Chief for Electronics Communications; a Former Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation; a Former member of the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society’s AdCom; a Former Distinguished Lecturer for the AP-S; a Former Associate Editor of the IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters (AWPL); and a Past Chair of the Boston Section IEEE.